Thursday, November 24, 2022

Improper Bostonians: Lesbian and Gay History from the Puritans to Playland By: The History Project

I don't know why I didn't already have this book marked as read, since I read it 24 years ago when it was first published!  This book sprang from the exhibition at the Boston Public Library on 350 years of Gay & Lesbian History in Boston.  As LGBTQI+ Rights are , yet again, under attack, re-reading this book is a sad reminder that no matter how much things may change, things stay the same!  I do remember reading it the first time and thinking it would be fun to visit all the sites in Boston mentioned in the map in the book-now looking at the map I realize that I've spent the last 17 years working in and around all of the mentioned sites!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment