Friday, April 24, 2020

The Searcher By: Christopher Morgan Jones


Having not read the first two books in this series, I was worried that I would be lost on some sort of over arcing story line, but considering that the main character in the series, is missing I guess I didn't miss much.  This thriller is mainly set in the country of Georgia.  Rich with history and beautiful geographical descriptions we join Isaac Hammer as he searches for his former friend/business partner Ben Webster.  Full of twists, turns, spies, and gangsters, it's hard to know whom to trust.  I throughly enjoyed reading this, even though some of the "clues" were dropped a little too obviously, leading to some twists being less of a shock and more of an obvious option.  The ending may annoy some, because it's clearly a set up for another book, and I did find it upsetting, but I can't tell you why without ruining one of the sub plots!

No comments:

Post a Comment