Saturday, March 3, 2018

Death of a Dude by Rex Stout

For several decades I've been listening to the The Adventures of Nero Wolfe radio series, starring the fantastic Sydney Greenstreet.  I adore this classic radio program and have been fascinated by Nero (who reminds me of my Dad), and enamored of Archie Goodwin (he's so damn charming!).  In all the time I've been listening to the series, I never read any of the original source materials!  I've been rectifying that situation for a couple for a couple of years now; I've been slowly gathering all of the Nero Wolfe stories on my kindle.

Here's my review of the latest that I've just finished.



Talk about a fish out of water! Nero Wolfe in Montana!!!!! When a man is killed near Lily Rowan's ranch, and Archie is ineffective getting the populace to talk, Nero leaves his creature comforts and arrives in Montana to help (well to get Archie to come home really, but if he has to solve the murder, so be it). Add in a couple of lawyers, a rude sheriff, a fascinating character named Woody and several trout and you've got yourself a Nero Wolfe mystery to savor!

No comments:

Post a Comment